Microsoft refers to the SharePoint server as a business collaboration platform for enterprises as well as the web. Since it is effectively integrated with MS Office, SP has become an ideal solution for a number of organizations who are well-versed with the Office products. It efficiently tackles the different issues and concerns arising out of file mismanagement. Moreover, the enhanced capabilities of SP with respect to worker collaboration coupled with its reliable security option has turned SharePoint into an advanced enterprise level platform. Let us check out the different benefits that SharePoint offers making diverse tasks easy to handle.
1. Enhanced content management: From placing data within SharePoint to management of manifold websites showcasing many iterations of the data, enhancements have been realized in the content management services of the program. One of the striking features is the ability to take the data from any Word document, then conveniently paste it into SharePoint. After that, the Word formatting code is modified into the proper XHTML. Following this, it can be uploaded across multiple sites, the versions can be changed when the original is changed. Moreover tools are available to put your content across a range of electronic devices.
2. Consolidated functionality: It is a fact that so far as organizations are concerned, the staff is going to use much more than a single program or functionality. The BCS or Business Connectivity Service upgrade makes SharePoint capable of interacting conveniently with data that is available in other formats like Excel spreadsheet or Word document.
3. Rapid development of sites: Although every website is different, there are a number of features which are reused across a majority of the websites wherein just the content and layouts are different. The design of the SharePoint platform is able to comprehend this and offers developers predefined functions as well as assets such as the Design Manager, which streamlines the design procedure, turning it into a decision making one.
4. Enhancements in end user functionality: Even if a program is loaded with every power and functionality in the world, its bottom-line usefulness would be questionable if your staff is unable to use it for carrying out their duties more proficiently as well as quickly. Whenever a business is undergoing financial expenses for purchasing a corporate license for a program, it is evident that it is looking for a software that would provide the appropriate tools for carrying out the job and also refine them to ensure interactive intuition with the users. In this respect, it can be said that SharePoint has come up with greatly enhanced functionality with features like layout as well as drag-and-drop improvements which interact with MS Office theme for conveniently empowering every employee.
5. Improvements in data analytics: In the present age, information is everything. The new Excel BI and PerformancePoint services in SharePoint Server 2013 renders information in an understandable and accessible manner. Each important and measurable statistic is tracked and displayed in formats which are convenient to read, such as visual graphs and scorecards.
Managing Browser File Handling
Along with the above-mentioned features that help SharePoint in tackling the concerns of file mismanagement, there is also the Browser File Handling property which is available in the following locations:
- The property is present in each web application
- Each List comes with the Browser File Handling Property
- The property is also available in each document library
Out of these, only the property pertaining to the web application can be managed through the web interface. The Document Library and List level properties can only be accessed through code.
Sometimes there are issues in uploading huge files to SharePoint. Usually, the maximum file size for uploading is 50 MB. Often when we try to cross the limit, error messages such as “An unknown error occurred”, “Request Timed Out”, “HTTP 404- Page Not Found” might be displayed. These problems can be tackled through increasing the web application’s maximum upload size, increasing the setting for connection time-out in Internet Information Services, and such other methods.
On the whole, SharePoint is very interactive and dynamic facilitating collaborative management of content through a browser. To get maximum benefits of Sharepoint, you may consider hiring services of a certified SharePoint development company to assist your development needs.
We provide SharePoint deployment planning services and also help you leverage the benefits of SharePoint cms customization. To speak to one of our certified developers today, please contact us at Mindfire Solutions.